Have you been making time for yourself lately? Moms are busy, and as one myself I know it’s difficult to find even 5 minutes sometimes, but it’s important! You’ll be a better parent to your kids in the moment and throughout the day, in addition to becoming a powerful role model for your kids. Being a mom (or wife) doesn’t mean you’re last or not even on the list for getting taken care of… If you give time in your day to pamper yourself and let your mind relax, the payback is exponential. It will mean saying “no” more than you’re used to, but trust me – it’s worth it!
Once you’ve set aside ‘personal time,’ how do you pamper, enjoy and refresh yourself? Here are a few ideas for busy Moms to rejuvenate:
- Make yourself a cup of tea, sit down and don’t get up until you drink the whole thing. Don’t drink it too fast, either! This is your time to savor the flavor and just breathe.
- Put on your favorite song. If it’s a fast one, dance around your bedroom or the living room. If it’s more contemplative, lie down and just think about the words and melody.
- Hand write a note to a friend you haven’t talked to for a while. Everyone loves getting snail mail, and taking the time to write it by hand will give you a nice break in addition to being a gift and treat in their day.
- Pull out that cozy throw and curl up on the couch to watch a 30-minute TV show, read a few chapters of a book or skim through a magazine.
- Go for a walk. Getting outside and breathing fresh air will do your body good!
- Take a hot bath. The warm water will help relax your muscles – you can even cut up a lemon and put it in the tub with you to add a bit of natural fragrance. Light candles and if possible bring easy music in as well.
- Get a massage and/or visit the chiropractor. If you’re not sure where to go, check out our resources page for local businesses or check out resources in your area.
- Log into Facebook and read through your newsfeed or play a few games. Make sure you set a timer so you don’t get sucked in and carried away!
- Make yourself a smoothie. This is a great way to get a few servings of fruit into your day! Add whole strawberries, mixed berries or mango for a tasty – and healthy – treat.
- Meditate for a few minutes.
Moms are busy, but “me time” is so so so very important! What are a few of your favorite ways to pamper yourself?
Photo Credit: ericmay